NATIONAL WEEK FOR LIFE AND THE FAMILY
MAY 11-18, 2014
SUGGESTED RESOURCES AND OPTIONS
The Canadian Conference of Catholic Bishops (CCCB) is providing the following suggested resources and options for the National Week for Life and the Family, May 11-18, 2014. Each diocese in Canada will be deciding how it may wish to adapt or use these suggestions and options, depending on its specific needs, resources, and priorities.
The theme is "Families united in the joy of the Lord" / "Parents à l'œuvre dans la joie de Jésus Christ". The theme in French is linked to the Quebec provincial theme, Parents à l'oeuvre! The dates for this year's National Week for Life and the Family coincide in part with those for the 2014 Semaine québécoise des familles, and also with the United Nations World Day of Families, May 15.
For this year's National Week, and for future years, different dioceses will be involved in developing materials on a rotating basis, one diocese from the French Sector and one from the English Sector. For 2014, the English-language materials have been prepared by the Family Ministry Office of the Diocese of Hamilton, and the French-language materials the diocesan committee for family ministry of the Archdiocese of Gatineau.
Again this year, the CCCB offers the artwork for a full-colour poster and prayer card. This illustration of the Holy Family was also used in 2013.
Resources from the CCCB:
• Artwork for full-colour prayer cards / bookmarks, formatted so four copies can be printed at a time on 8 1/2 x 11 inch paper
• Brief thoughts on the family rosary by Archbishop Paul-André Durocher
• Suggestions of possible events and activities and how to promote the National Week for life and the Family
• Sample Prayers of Faithful for the Week for Life and the Family
• Week of Family Card 2014
• Family Poster - Oval pictures (Black outline)
• Family Poster - Square pictures on the side of the cross
• Family Poster - Foundations with small cross
• Family Poster - Solid Foundations
• Family Poster - Inheritance
• Prayer card 1
• Prayer card 1 (in French)
• Prayer card 2
• Prayer card 2 (in French)
Resources from the Archdiocese of Gatineau (in French only; see the French webpage)
Background information on the vision and purpose of the National Week for Life and the Family is available in a CCCB document entitled "Elements of a National Pastoral Initiative for Life and Family".
Terms for use of the BRADI BARTH painting of the Holy Family
Dioceses, parishes and other non-profit groups can freely download the CCCB artwork of the proposed poster and prayer card / bookmark in order to print the total number of copies needed. The dimensions of the poster can be adjusted to the size that dioceses or parishes find most practical. It is the responsibility of institutions or groups using the materials to comply with the following conditions for use of the BRADI BARTH painting of the Holy Family:
1. The name "BRADI BARTH" and "© www.bradi-barth.org" must be clearly noted under the image.
2. Copies of this image are not to be sold. For commercial purposes, please contact BRADI BARTH – www.bradi-barth.org.
3. The use of this image is limited to this printing. The image may not be used directly or indirectly for any other application. Use of other versions of this image, scanned or otherwise copied, is strictly prohibited.
4. The image must be reproduced in its whole, without omission or cutting. Colour and/or quality deviation, as well as overprinting on the picture, are prohibited.