(CCCB – Ottawa)... The Collection for the Needs of the Church in Canada will be held on September 24 and 25, 2016. In his letter to the parishes across the country, the Most Reverend Douglas Crosby, O.M.I., Bishop of Hamilton and President of the Canadian Conference of Catholic Bishops (CCCB), recalls that the collection "is an opportunity for all the faithful in our country to give a hand to helping the Gospel." In view of the closing of the Extraordinary Jubilee of Mercy on November 20, 2016, the Solemnity of Christ the King, Bishop Crosby also notes that the Year of Mercy "is being lived out with joy and commitment throughout our local churches and different communities of faith."
In order to promote the collection and the work of the Bishops through their Episcopal Conference as well as their regional episcopal assemblies, the CCCB is making available an electronic version of the promotional kit on its website, www.cccb.ca. The electronic kit can be used by parishes, Church media and diocesan/eparchial communications services, and includes the following documents:
• the letter from the CCCB President addressed to pastors and collaborators in pastoral ministry;
• two short texts intended to be adapted or printed in parish bulletins on September 18 and 25, or distributed by other means of communication such as Websites and emails;
• suggested prayers of the faithful for the weekends of September 18 and 25;
• an overview of the projects, declarations and documents by the CCCB over the course of the past year;
• the CCCB visual for the Annual Collection.
SUBSCRIBE TO CCCB NEWS OR FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
To receive CCCB news through our free and confidential e-mail service, please fill out the form at this link: http://www.cccb.ca/site/eng/media-room/subscribe-to-news.
Link to Twitter: https://twitter.com/CCCB_CECC