Responsible Ministry

Reporting and Resources for Victims

The Canadian Conference of Catholic Bishops strongly condemns sexual abuse in all its forms.


To report sexual abuse committed by diocesan clergy (bishop, priest, deacon) or by officially mandated pastoral personnel, please contact the diocese in which the abuse occurred and local civil authorities (police, child protection services).

To report sexual abuse by a member of an institute of consecrated life (priest, deacon, brother, sister), please contact the institute concerned and local civil authorities (police, child protection services).

The precise details concerning the legal obligation in Canada to report any instance in which the safety of a minor is threatened by sexual or any other kind of abuse or neglect is outlined by the Public Health Agency of Canada according to the statutes of each province and territory in Provincial and Territorial Child Protection Legislation and Policy 2018, Table 6 “Duty to Report.”

Support and Assistance Services

Victims-Survivors seeking support and assistance services may wish to consult the Directory of Services for Adult Survivors of Child Sexual Abuse. The Directory provides names and contact information of agencies by province and territory. The latest version, dated 2009, was prepared by National Clearinghouse on Family Violence and was published in Ottawa by the Public Health Agency of Canada.

Online Version – English

Online Version – French

Numerous other resources are listed by topic in the CCCB’s current safeguarding document, Protecting Minors from Sexual Abuse, pages 102-126.