Position: Director, Office for Family and Life
Under the direct supervision of the General Secretary of the Canadian Conference of Catholic Bishops (CCCB), and in cooperation with the Assistant General Secretary, the Director supports the work of the Standing Committee for Family and Life and executes all projects stemming from the direction provided by the Executive Committee and the Permanent Council. He/She also leads and supervises the two Coordinators for the Office for Family and Life (one French and one English).
- Serves as secretary of the Standing Committee for Family and Life.
- Under the supervision of the General Secretary, executes all projects stemming from the direction provided by the Standing Committee, the Executive Committee, and Permanent Council.
- Implements/directs all national projects which fall under the Office’s mandate.
- Oversees the work of the two Coordinators, in English and French.
- Strengthens CCCB engagement in family and life issues with Catholic movements and associations, external organizations and individuals, including influencers, through events, research groups, surveys, conferences, symposia, and targeted communications.
- Proposes ideas for formation, the exchange of ideas, network-building and advocacy by making good use of podcasts and video-sharing platforms, such as YouTube.
- Finalizes drafts of official texts for the consideration of the appropriate CCCB instances.
- Analyses data, information and trends and evaluates their pertinence to the Office’s mandate and work.
- Assists the General Secretariat by drafting letters or public statements which respond to legislation or government actions (subject to the direction of the General Secretary/President/Executive Committee/Permanent Council).
- Submits for final approval the content of the pages of the CCCB website which are dedicated to the activities of the Office and Standing Committee.
- Builds networks consisting of key stakeholders, including directors of diocesan/eparchial and regional Offices for Family and Life.
- Provides regular updates to the General Secretary, as well as written reports for the Executive Committee and Permanent Council.
- Oversees daily operations and fosters effective teamwork and collegiality among Office personnel and with all CCCB staff.
- Brings energy, creativity, vision and enthusiasm to the work of the Office within the CCCB.
- Ensures a safe and respectful work environment.
- Collaborates with other CCCB offices and Administration.
- Works effectively in a bilingual environment.
- Holds advanced university degree(s) in a related field
- Has acquired at least 3-years of related experience in the field
- Has sound knowledge of and faithfully adheres to all Catholic teachings
- Is bilingual with proficiency in both official languages
- Has demonstrable interest and experience in, and knowledge of, family and life issues from a Catholic perspective
- Has superior communication skills, both written and oral
- Is able to highlight some entrepreneurial achievements
- Has a proven ability to develop and implement a strategic plan
- Has experience supervising support staff and initiating projects
This position has a salary range of $84,184 to $99,983, with excellent working conditions including a generous pension plan and a group benefit plan.
Interested candidates are requested to submit a cover letter and a resume to Lucie Labrèche-Matte, Administration and Human Resources Assistant at email@example.com by December 18th 2020.
The selected candidate will be subject to a background security check.
In accordance with Section 24(1) of the Ontario Human Rights Commission, the CCCB has the right to give preference to Catholic candidates with respect to employment.
In accordance with the Ontario’s Accessible Employment Standard, the CCCB welcomes applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
We thank all applicants but we will only contact those selected for an interview.