Position: Research and Resource Development Assistant [ENGLISH]
Service: Office for Family and Life
Under the supervision of the Director of the Office for Family and Life, the Research and Resource Development Assistant [ENGLISH] supports the Office by assisting the Director with the responsibilities listed below, and performs related tasks.
In collaboration with the Director, the Research and Resource and Development Assistant [ENGLISH] assists with the following:
- Builds and maintains an English diocesan/eparchial network, identifies their local needs and uses this information to advise the Director on engagement strategies
- Acts as a principal liaison with dioceses/eparchies in the English Sector
- Assists in the development of the Office’s work in English
- Creates online resources for different audiences
- Analyzes trends, priorities, challenges and drafts texts based on in depth research
- Drafts website content for review by the Director
- Undertakes research in related areas and provides written summaries
- Assists the Director in the planning of meetings and events
- Maintains effective records (e.g., minute-taking), communications and correspondence
- Collaborates with the French Research and Resource Development Assistant in various areas
- Performs other related duties as required
- Holds a university degree in a related field
- Has acquired at least two years of related field experience
- Has sound knowledge of and adheres to Catholic teachings
- Demonstrates interest in and knowledge of family and life issues from a Catholic perspective
- Possesses excellent reading, writing and communication skills in English
- Can understand written and oral communications French
- Has familiarity with social media, video-sharing and communication platforms
- Is proficient in Microsoft Suite and Adobe
- Can draft and edit routine documents and research files and documents for information
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Possesses discretion, tact and good judgment
- Can highlight some entrepreneurial achievements (an asset)
This full-time permanent position has a salary range of $54,090 to $64,244, with excellent working conditions including a generous pension plan and a group benefit plan. The work schedule is 35 hours per week, Monday to Friday. Each employee has a personal office on location and proper disinfecting measures throughout the building is in place.
Interested candidates are requested to submit a cover letter and a resume at firstname.lastname@example.org
Application deadline: May 20, 2021
The selected candidate will be subject to a background security check.
In accordance with Section 24(1) of the Ontario Human Rights Commission, the CCCB has the right to give preference to Catholic candidates with respect to employment.
In accordance with the Ontario’s Accessible Employment Standard, the CCCB welcomes applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
We thank all applicants but we will only contact those selected for an interview.