Position: Secretary, General Secretariat
Under the general direction of the General Secretary (GS), working in close collaboration with the Assistant General Secretary (AGS) and coordinated by the Executive Assistant, the Secretary organizes and maintains the CCCB information lists/database; organizes the logistics for meetings of the Permanent Council, Executive Committee, and National Commissions and different Committees; assists in maintaining the filing of correspondence and documents for the General Secretariat; and provides office support to the General Secretariat, as needed.
- Organizes, inputs, maintains, updates and verifies a wide variety of information lists/database concerning Bishops, the Roman Curia, and individual contacts for the General Secretariat and the Secretaries of the National Commissions and Committees;
- As directed by the GS and AGS, maintains the data for the CCCB Directory, ensures access to the data as required and collaborates in the preparation of the printed version;
- Maintains and produces various internal calendars, as required;
- In close collaboration with the Executive Assistant, as well as in consultation with the CCCB archivist, ensures the coordinated and systematic filing of all General Secretariat correspondence and documents (in both paper and electronic formats);
- As coordinated by the Executive Assistant, does electronic and postal mailings of documentation and messages from the General Secretariat to CCCB members and staff;
- In close collaboration with the Executive Assistant,
- prepares and classifies consultations of the Bishops, and prepares related summary reports;
- ensures the logistic needs of meetings of the Permanent Council, the Executive Committee and the National Commissions, as well as for other meetings and functions, as required;
- maintains a bring-forward system for the attention of the GS and the AGS;
- Provides back-up assistance for the General Secretariat and at the reception desk as required;
- During the absences of the GS, collaborates with the AGS to ensure the ongoing functioning of the Secretariat;
- Performs other related duties.
Qualifications and Abilities
- College diploma in office administration or related fields, with pertinent job-related experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience;
- Fluently bilingual (English and French), both written and spoken, with proven ability to proofread;
- Ability to translate correspondence and other short texts in either official languages;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and Access;
- Experience in maintaining a database;
- Exceptional organizational skills with excellent attention to detail and precision;
- Ability to follow directions;
- Ability to multitask;
- Ability to work under pressure and within tight deadlines;
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment;
- Ability to work with minimum supervision;
- Exceptional skills in diplomacy and interpersonal relations;
- Ability to interact professionally;
- Initiative, good judgment, tact, courtesy, discretion and team spirit;
- Knowledge of the Catholic Church and its terminology.
This position has a salary range of $49,492 to $58,780, with excellent working conditions including a generous pension plan and a group benefit plan.
Interested candidates are requested to submit a cover letter and a resume to Lucie Labrèche-Matte, Administration and Human Resources Assistant at firstname.lastname@example.org before February 14, 2020 at 3 pm.
The selected candidate will be subject to a background security check.
In accordance with Section 24(1) of the Ontario Human Rights Commission, the CCCB has the right to give preference to Catholic candidates with respect to employment.
In accordance with the Ontario’s Accessible Employment Standard, the CCCB welcomes applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
We thank all applicants but we will only contact those selected for an interview.