Celebrations with Cremated Remains (A Supplement to the Order of Christian Funerals)Monday, April 09 2018
We are pleased to announce that we have received permission from the Congregation for Divine Worship and the Discipline of the Sacraments to use “experimentally” for five years, “Celebrations with Cremated Remains” a Supplement to the Order of Christian Funerals.
This Supplement contains Pastoral Notes and the following chapters with rubrics and prayers:
1. Funeral Liturgy (within Mass): Celebration of the Eucharist when Cremated Remains are Present
2. Funeral Liturgy (Ouside of Mass): Celebration of the Word when Cremated Remains are Present
3. Rite of Committal at a Crematorium
4. Rite of Committal and Final Commendation at a Crematorium
5. Rite of Committal: Burial or Entombment of Cremated Remains (when burial takes place immediately or shortly after the Funeral Liturgy and there has not been a Rite of Committal at the crematorium)
6. Rite of Burial or Entombment of the Crmeated Remains (when burial takes place some time after the Funeral Liturgy and when there has been a Rite of Committal at the crematorium)
7. Rite of Committal with Final Commendation: Burial or Entombment of the Cremated Remains (when neither have been celebrated previously or when only one service is celebrated)
We hope to have the manuscript to the printer’s shortly. This Supplement should be ready by late Spring. More information will follow as it becomes available.