Position: Information Systems Technician, Department for Digital, Print, Media and Information Technologies
Under the supervision of the Director for Digital, Print, Media and Information Technologies, the Information Systems Technician is responsible for various IT projects for the CCCB. The incumbent is also responsible for conducting needs analysis with a view to the design, installation, implementation, and customization of software/infrastructure. He or she will act as webmaster for the CCCB’s intranet and extranet sites, as well as first-line technical support for computer users experiencing difficulties with computer hardware and software. In the absence of the Director, he or she must devise temporary or permanent solutions for network, hardware and software failures to the best of his or her abilities to minimize downtime for CCCB members and employees.
1. Programmer / Analyst Responsibilities:
- Conducts needs analysis to determine system specifications to determine whether all required elements have been included. Consults with internal clients to gather information about program needs, objectives, functions, features, and input and output requirements.
- Design, develop and maintain custom applications for the CCCB using a variety of software technologies.
- Develop and maintain SharePoint sites (Secure Site, Intranet).
- Analyze, test and program SharePoint pages and applications to ensure optimal performance and recommends changes (Secure Site, Intranet).
- Follows best practices to improve accessibility, navigation and ease of use.
2. Information Technology Responsibilities:
- Administers, maintains and troubleshoots the use of networks, hardware, software and related computer equipment in collaboration with the Director or in the absence of the Director;
- Installs computer hardware and software;
- Ensures that the systems are always fully operational in collaboration with the Director or in the absence of the Director;
- Manages access and use of computer networks in collaboration with the Director or in the absence of the Director
- Co-ordinates training for users on the use of new tools and programs;
- Provides problem-solving services to users;
- Implements hardware and software security procedures;
- Performs backup and disaster recovery operations in collaboration with the Director or in the absence of the Director
- Maintain inventory of hardware, software and other equipment;
- Drafts policies and procedures for network access and usage as per the Director’s instructions.
- In the absence of the Director, he or she must devise temporary or permanent solutions for network, hardware and software failures to the best of his or her abilities to minimize downtime for CCCB members and employees.
3. Webmaster Responsibilities:
- Designs, develop and maintain CCCB’s web sites (intranet/extranet);
- Evaluates and determines hardware and software requirements for the intranet/extranet;
- Designs, programs and performs regular updating of the CCCB sites;
- Acts as a resource person for all questions regarding intranet/extranet sites;
- Performs other tasks related to the service and maintenance of the CCCB networks and sites.
4. Provides first-line technical support to computer users
- Communicates electronically and in person with computer users experiencing difficulties to determine and document problems experienced;
- Consult user guides, technical manuals and other documents to research and implement solutions;
- Provides advice and training to users in response to identified difficulties;
- Participates in the redesign of applications and other software.
A post-secondary degree in computer science or an equivalent combination of education and related experience; previous technical support and web design are essential.
- 3+ year experience in computer programming (Desktop & Web)
- 2+ year experience in web design
- 3+ year experience in technical support
- Ability to communicate in French and in English, oral and written
- Experience with computing products: operating systems, word processors, spreadsheet and database packages, and capability to learn new software quickly.
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Products; Windows Server 2019, SQL Server 2019, IIS 7, WSS/MOSS 2010, Visual Studio .NET, Microsoft Office and Microsoft Sharepoint
- Knowledge of Relational Databases
- Knowledge of Dreamweaver and Photoshop
- Knowledge of VB.NET, C#.NET, ASP.NET
- Knowledge of the Content Managing System “WordPress”
- Skills in problem solving analysis and ability to work alone
- Planning and organizational skills
- Proven experience in customer relations and teamwork
- Ability to be proactive and keep up to date on changes in IT which may assist the CCCB to achieve its mission
- Ability to work with information requiring high level of confidentiality
This full-time permanent position has a salary range of $50,482 to $59,955, with excellent working conditions including a generous pension plan and a group benefit plan. The work schedule is 35 hours per week, Monday to Friday. Each employee has a personal office on location and proper disinfecting measures throughout the building is in place.
Interested candidates are requested to submit a cover letter and a resume at email@example.com
Application deadline: November 5, 2021
Job location: Ottawa, Ontario
The selected candidate will be subject to a background security check.
In accordance with Section 24(1) of the Ontario Human Rights Commission, the CCCB has the right to give preference to Catholic candidates with respect to employment.
In accordance with the Ontario’s Accessible Employment Standard, the CCCB welcomes applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
We thank all applicants but we will only contact those selected for an interview.